When people say Jada Pinkett Smith controls Will Smith and their family, they are somehow right for saying so. Why would they embark on a vacation to India amidst the Oscars slap backlash? A source has disclosed to US Weekly that Jada insisted they go on the Indian trip despite the backlashes from Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars.
On any given day, that trip would have been canceled but Jada said NO, they must go on that planned vacation. According to the source; “Will and Jada have taken the family on [a] vacation that was already planned.” Will wanted to go alone so he could get some spiritual cleansing from Jada, but she didn’t allow it.
The Concussion star, 53, was spotted in Mumbai, India, on Saturday, April 23. The actor seemed to be in good spirits as he smiled for photos with fans. The insider adds, “There had been talk of canceling [the trip] but Jada insisted.”
Refresh your mind on why Will Smith landed a slap on Chris Rock’s face at the Oscars below.
The Gotham alum, 50, was the subject of a joke that infuriated her husband at the 94th annual Academy Awards on March 27. Chris Rock quipped that Pinkett Smith, who struggles with alopecia, looked ready for G.I. Jane 2 with her short hair. Smith marched on stage and slapped Rock. “Keep my wife’s name out your f–king mouth,” he shouted after returning to his seat.
A short while later, the Philadelphia native won the Oscar for best actor for his performance in King Richard. He apologized in his acceptance speech and the following day via Instagram. Days later, he voluntarily resigned from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
“My actions at the 94th Academy Awards presentation were shocking, painful, and inexcusable. The list of those I have hurt is long and includes Chris, his family, many of my dear friends and loved ones, all those in attendance, and global audiences at home. I betrayed the trust of the Academy,” he wrote, in part, at the time.
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air alum also faced consequences from the Academy, who announced on April 8 that Smith was banned from the Oscars for the next 10 years.
“I accept and respect the Academy’s decision,” Smith said in a statement at the time.
Source & Credit: blacksportsonline.com